Tuesday, April 12, 2016

What do you do once you quit?

I have been getting a lot of questions on what I am doing after quitting/retiring from Irish Dance. I have to admit- not having your day revolve around training or Irish Dance in general is refreshing in a way. I feel so much more relaxed and have a lot more time on my hands.

So many of us have damage/ injuries from dance it's hard to find a workout that works but isn't hurting you. I know for me it was tough... from all my injuries in dance running on treadmills or anything of that nature is out of the question. Swimming is a great exercise for post-dancers because it doesn't put stress on your joints. I have always loved swimming and am happy now I can do it more often. The other plus side of swimming is that you can do whatever you want! There is no right or wrong to swimming- you can really listen to your body and make adjustments to your workout routines!

The other exercise I am getting into thanks to my dear friend Sarah is Insanity. She has always done the Insanity workouts and loved them. After dance I realized maybe this will be a good workout. I'm not going to lie it's really hard but it also is a great workout, which I highly recommend.

I am still taking it easy when it comes to working out. I have done the set routines and a strict schedule and decided to be more leisure to it. However, that being said I do enjoy exercising and continue to do so about 5-6 days a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment